It was a time for the planting season to begin and you’d expect everyone to be elated but for the rains. They had come too early… …and far too much. The earth became a soggy porridge, a fertile breeding ground for a very unexpected harvest. [Tawa of Gentlegiantblog & Beaton of BecomingTheMuse]
The year was 2025. 5 years after the fatal and brutal COVID19 had ravaged the world and left it empty. Almost. You see the world as we all knew it prior to 2020 was now a memory. A distant memory that no one wanted to talk about. [Sophie of akitcheninuganda.com]
The few of us who had survived the fatal virus now lived in groups we called tribes. Trying to live everyday. Fearful and distrustful of strangers. Never venturing out of the zones we had set for ourselves. [Mable of Mablesrants.wordpress.com]
Mona was the outlier of her tribe. She was 23 and had survived the pandemic. She felt life had to be lived in faith and without fear. Unfortunately for her, her newfound love for life was also the newly discovered fear for her parents who felt safer living within their zones. [OMT of www.omtsdigest.com]
- read then copy and paste the entire post including rules
- start a new paragraph Max 50 words
- include a link back to this post so we can keep track of the stories
- also include a link from the previous story entrant (the one you continuing from)
- Tag the person who is next so they know they are up.
- For a list of the other participants and full rules check Afrobloggers Post
- contact Afrobloggers to be part of the line-up of participants
- If you are not part of the list or do not wish to join the chain story, you are still free to use the story as a prompt and continue it how you wish on your site just link back to original Afrobloggers post.